No more Twinkies???? Those decadent cupcakes with the sinful ribbon of white icing swirled on top, GONE???? FOREVER?????? Curs-ed monkey pants!!
According to news reports, Hostess brands is preparing to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Again. Which means luckily, we can still enjoy their wares. So YAY US! Apparently those Hostess peeps are good with the tasty pastry treats, not so much with the money handling…. Because I’m such a giver, I’m gonna do my part help out. Plus, I love those little cupcakes….and the Wonder Bread. Who didn’t love the WonderBread growing up??? Hmmmm??? No one, that’s who.
Twinkies are a national treasure y’all….In fact, I think we should all make this right now, in honor of the Almighty Twinkie.
Strawberry Twinkie Dessert
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 18.75 oz can ready-to-us strawberry glaze
- 8 Twinkies
- 1 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz container cool-whip, thawed
- Combine strawberries and glaze in a bowl, set aside.
- Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth, fold in cool-whip.
- To Assemble, layer 1/2 the Twinkie halves, 1/2 cream cheese mixture and 1/2 strawberries in trifle bowl, then repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Chill for 30 minutes before serving, store covered leftovers in the fridge.
I googled that recipe (See, I told y’all GTS was the bomb). Hell, let’s all google Twinkie and Hostess cupcake recipes, together we can show Hostess some collective love!
Holy Poop Knuckles!!! No one sells Hostess products in my area!!! This is “Little Debbie’s” country…..and now I’m in a quandary. Ain’t that some shizzle?? Good thing I also found this recipe for Hostess Cupcake clones at Bettycrocker.com so we can make our own dang cupcakes….’cuz Betty loves us…
Hmmmmm…..maybe I can’t help after all. And now I’m hungry for cakey goodness. Thanks Hostess. Thanks a bunch…..