Well not yet, but it will be in about an hour!
I haven’t done a recipe post in awhile, and soups are some of my favorite things to cook when the weather cools…
So here ya go:
Chorizo and Lentil Soup
- 6 oz. Mexican Chorizo
- 2 cups of lentils, rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used Hunts Fire Roasted)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5½ cups of chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water (to thin with if lentils absorb too much liquid)
Cook the chorizo in a large pot until browned, drain off fat. Add the onion, garlic and carrots, cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes. Add the chorizo, lentils, broth, thyme and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper. Simmer 45 minutes. Add the extra water if needed…Serve with:
Cheesy Herb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400. Grease a muffin pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and herbs until smooth. Mix in the cheeses, onion, and garlic. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter, then whisk into the milk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the milk mixture into the well. Stir just to moisten, the batter should look lumpy. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
Bake the muffins in the preheated oven until browned, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing from the cups.