My Peanut is a week old. Here’s what I’ve learned in my first week of Grammydom…
- I love this little girl more than I ever imagined was possible.
- Taking care of a newborn is like riding a bike, the knowledge all comes back when you need it.
- Britt’s a much calmer Mom than I had predicted. She’s just taking it all in stride, zero meltdowns!
- My Hubs is a complete and total marshmallow.
- Avery is the most beautiful baby EVER.
- They make much cooler stuff for babies now than 100 years ago when my babies were babies.
- Some stuff just can’t be improved on, a bottle is a bottle is a bottle. Some just have more parts to wash than others.
- I’m addicted to taking baby pictures. Cuz I needed another photography addiction….
- Burt’s Bee’s diaper creme is goopy. Beaudreaux’s Butt paste is nice. I still like plain ‘ol petroleum jelly….
- Pug is a total spaz around babies…
- Patch is a total sweetheart around babies, but ya gotta watch that wagging tail…
- I’d rather hold the Baby than anything.
- I can get a lot done with one hand.
- Being nakey is not one of Avery’s favorite things. Her Mommy was the same way at this age.
- It’s now recommended to give bottles at room temperature. Good to know 2 weeks after purchasing a bottle warmer…
- Poppa likes to make up songs to sing to her…
- It’s normal and ok for her to sneeze 7 times in a row. My kids never did that…
- It’s no longer necessary to put alcohol on their umbilical cords.
- They no longer give those nice sitz bath inserts to Moms when they leave the hospital, and no longer recommend epsom salts…who knew?
- Being a Grammy is SUPER FUN!
- My camera takes nice pictures without using the flash. Avery’s not a fan of flash photography.
- Doctors no longer believe it’s possible to spoil a newborn by holding them too much. Which works out nicely for me…
- My previous “what I would do if I won the lottery” list is no longer applicable. Now I’d just stay home with Babygirl.
- I drive much slower with Avery in the car.
- Noise has no affect on this baby. A marching brass band could parade thru the house and she could care less. Good Baby!
26. She channels Captain Morgan…